Kumquat Recipe 007 - Kumquat Chips
Kumquats can be used in as many ways as your imagination will allow!
4 cups whole kumquats
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1. Make syrup with sugar and water.
2. Wash fruit and slices an X on the stem end.
3. Cover with water and bring to a boil.
4. Drain and cool.
5. Slit kumquats and take out pulp.
6. Drop in boiling syrup and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Cover, let stand over night.
8. Cook again for 20 minutes.
9. Lift with tongs and place on waxed paper to cool overnight or longer.
10. Fill with pecan and roll in granulated sugar.
Store in refrigerator