Send us your photo
3/4 pound kumquats, thinly sliced
and seeds removed
1 cup water
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups heavy cream, whipped
1 piece of candied ginger, finely chopped (optional)
1. Put sliced kumquats, water and sugar
in a saucepan; simmer gently until the fruit is soft. This may take 30 minutes
but check occasionally.
2. Purée the fruit with the liquid and let cool.
3. Fold cream into the purée with the
ginger, if used.
4. Pour into a container, cover and
freeze until firm, beating twice at hourly intervals.
5. About 30 minutes before serving, transfer the ice cream to the
Serve decorated with twisted strips of kumquat
peel and candied ginger.
SUBMITTED BY: PHOTO BY: